Trance Safety Tips

I've been scanning the LadyJulia Yahoo group and everything I can see about her indicates that she qualifies by my definition of a light worker hypnotic domme. (See The Dark Side of Dominance, BDSM or other and A Love Letter to All Sub-Lights and possibly Surrendering to Love and Comfort)

She has produced a page on trance safety. It contains good basics, and also includes a safety-net MP3. She also does what I consider to be a basic and essential thing I'd like to see done everywhere which is to supply a text form of the suggestions that can be optionally pre-checked. I've not listened to the MP3 as I'm currently hypno saturated and I have a safety net in Goddess X, but the text of the suggestions contains only things I think are appropriate to all.

Other bottom line recomendations of hers:
  • With "recreational" hypnosis, PLAY SAFE.
  • With theraputic hypnosis, ask about the individual's qualifications, certifications, etc, and ascertain what that training should have prepared them to do. Some have minimal training (a weekend course).
  • Know the person with whom you are trancing. Know their reputation.
  • Know them as an individual. Don't be afraid to ask for references.
  • Take time to establish a level of trust and rapport.
  • Ask ahead of time about the goals of the session.
  • Start out simple - perhaps simple relaxation.
  • Educate yourself about the mechanisms of hypnosis through reputable, established sources.
  • Remember the safety net suggestions. Whether you accept them as established fact outside of the suggestion realm or if you accept them because they're suggestions - it doesn't really matter.
See Even More Trance Safety

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment