Alternative Plea

Jeff asked me what I thought of his plea (after he had sent it).

Just as a throught experiment, I reworked it a bit while still trying to retain the story and phrasings. This version has less emphisis on the hypnotic interest being a deep secret and perhaps by so emphisizing invite a rejection.

Note: I have no reasons whatsoever to believe that this version would have results any different than Jeff's original. It is just a different arrangement of the same thoughts.

====

Dear Lady Hypnotist,

Many thanks for taking my call yesterday and I apologize if what I said came as something of a surprise.

Ever since I was about nine years old, I have been absolutely fascinated by hypnotherapy, but more particularly the thought of being hypnotized. As I've grown older, learned more about it and experienced hypnosis many times (by both professional and amateur hypnotists), I have come to sum up my fascination as follows: The whole thing to me, is the actually being hypnotized and being in hypnosis and the fact that I am indeed hypnotized, being proven to me, and then a huge desire to go as deep as possible and to really feel that descent into trance.

I've learned that hypnosis can not only help me in many areas of my life (it already has inadvertently or otherwise) but that, for me, it is also immensely enjoyable. And perhaps therein lies the nub of my difficulty. I have a friend who calls herself a "massage slut." She has a professional massage at least twice a week, is constantly on the look-out for new and interesting massage experiences and techniques, and is, as she herself puts it, addicted to it. This predilection, to most people (and despite the occasional double-entendre) does not seem to bother anyone to whom she confesses. However, I have learned to NOT make the same confession about my passion for hypnosis. Most people I've "come out" to have reacted somewhere along the spectrum of distrust and unease and I have learned to be guarded and guilty about it. I would hope that it is ok to be open about this interest with my hypnotherapist.

The thing most people fear with hypnosis is the letting go. With me, that's exactly what I crave. In my everyday life, business and personal, it is me everyone looks to for decisions. I've come to realize (very recently) that hypnosis holds the answer for many things. If I could communicate honestly and openly with a potential hypnotherapist (which I hope I've done, am doing), that I can come to trust. Then, maybe, just maybe, not only can I make the life changes that I so desperately need, but whilst enjoying being hypnotized, I can suspend that constant decision making, I could fully let go, and just enjoy someone else making the decisions for me. With this balance, hypnosis becomes a beneficial goal for me in its own right.

To be fully open, I will say that under certain very restricted circumstances (i.e., when being hypnotized by my wife, who is a talented amateur hypnotist with a client list of one, me) hypnosis can, for me, be a, well, let's call it a sexual aid. While she is a hypnotist, she is not a therapist and cannot effectively help me make the changes I seek. To be clear, I have absolutely no expectation that anything of a sexual or sexually charged nature will occur during our sessions. What I am asking of you does not in any way involve anything that you, I or any decent human being would consider "inappropriate" You have my absolute assurance that I am not and will not ask of you anything that in any way compromise your position as a professional therapist. What I ask would however have huge, life changing benefits for me!!

I would like to go so far as to suggest some things that you might get out being my therapist: a regular client (who I hope is a nice guy, not for me to say); a hypnotic subject who is happy to learn to completely let go, completely surrender to the hypnosis, a client who is fully prepared to be a guinea pig (if such a thing interests you) in hypnotic induction techniques, triggers, convincers, etc.; and a client who is truly benefiting from life changing therapy and enjoying it at the same time!

By the way, this deep and abiding interest in hypnosis has led me on a massive journey of discovery (initially, I was simply trying to find out if I was alone in this interest.) But like any journey, I've had some incredible surprises along the way and my "hypnotic travels" have spawned some wonderful events in my life (The primary example—by a country mile--that I can offer you is that my hypnosis fascination is the direct reason that I met my wife. I absolutely adore her and she is fully aware of this email and everything I'm communicating, by the way. Our meeting is, of course, a huge, whole other story, that I'd be happy to share with you at some point, if you were interested.) My journey has also been an education far beyond anything Oxford can offer. Needless to say, I'm still very keen to continue learning and growing, and I strongly believe that hypnosis will be the avenue through which I effect some (more) serious life changes.

In a nutshell, it seems that for me hypnosis has been a catalyst; delightfully, it seems to have sparked some sort of guiding energy that continues to bring the right people into my life at exactly the right time. Aside from providing me with my darling wife, another example that I've met online is an American professional hypnotherapist who I have been able to correspond with about this interest. She only recently became aware of it through a client who shares my fascination or passion or whatever you wish to label it. She is fabulous, loving and kind; we have developed quite a correspondence and I have had the pleasure of being hypnotized by her over the phone. However, I have only just made her acquaintance; indeed, I did not meet her until after I had found your website.

Speaking of which, I find it extremely interesting (especially in light of the fact that my wife said you had mentioned to her that most of your business comes through referrals) that I don't even remember how I found your site--I just did. I read it and it felt very right. Then I made the appointment with you and I must say, I found you very easy to talk to on the phone. I was just going to come along, hope the smoking session would work without discussing my larger relationship with hypnosis, and continue to bottle all of this up. But then, of course, I met my new American friend and hypnotherapist online, discovered that she has been treating a fellow who, just like me, had also bottled up his feelings for years. Eventually, he was able to tell her of his predilection, pretty much as I'm now telling you, but only after she had been his therapist for quite a few sessions. Much to his surprise and delight, she was able to understand and accept his love of hypnosis and also accept that he was not asking for anything that compromised her and thereby begin to more accurately and beneficially develop and target his treatment. And they have continued to enjoy a mutually beneficial hypnotherapist/client relationship.

I really DO need help with the things I want to work on with you, and I now know with dead certainty that hypnosis can help me with the changes I need to make, but only if I do not hide my hypnotic fascination from the person I'm asking for help. I've been needing to make serious life changes for some time. I love life and I want to live and though I've suppressed it, I know that if I don't make changes now, I'm going to pay the price. That's why I initially sought you out.

Thank you most sincerely for your patience and attention. I do hope you are comfortable proceeding with our session.

Kind Regards

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment