Views from Hypnotist X

I have never spent more time thinking about a client, planning for a client, or wondering about a client.

Working with this client is unusual, gratifying, scary, and interesting.

It is unusual because what he wants is basically to let go, and to be told what to do. One of the biggest fears of all of humanity regarding hypnosis is that they will lose control. That's exactly what he doesn't want! He wants me to take control. Unusual.

It is gratifying because he is such a great trance subject, and he gets so many benefits from the work... which he lets us know about (all you have to do is read this blog).

It is scary because it's not like anything I have ever encountered in my many years as a hypnotherapist, and it is a big responsibility which I am trying to take very seriously. I am also concerned that he is perhaps too preoccupied with hypnosis. That does worry me a little.

And it is interesting as hell. When, in one's life, does one get that much power? I have often told him that I wish my spouse were as suggestible, and my life would be a lot easier. It is interesting because he gets so much pleasure, gratification, and joy from the release. It is interesting because it so completely unusual. It is damn interesting that a grown man, with a big life, would WANT to give this kind of power to others, but not in a sick B & D kind of way. Just in a "gee, it's great to not have to decide what to do next, and I think I'll let you decide kid of way."

Thanks for the ride.
Hypnotist X

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment