Remote Control

I received a comment from X in another blog of mine that started with “I command” and contained instructions designed to increase progress on a therapeutic goal. I first noticed it alone late at night and had an immediate disorientation, literally sitting back in my chair as a wave of adjustments and buzz hit me. I did perform the command doing so in a way that complied with the other various complexities of my household.

This is sort of cool.

I can ask myself if I did it because of the hypnotic command. Well, I did do it and it is unlikely that I would have done it at this time without the suggestion. Did I react more strongly because it came as a hypnotic command rather than just a comment? Most certainly, having it arrive in this form forced me to give it serious consideration with a strong predisposition to do it.

What is different is that when I’m deeply under in front of X my compliance is instantaneous and literal, probably in part because I’m not thinking of anything else and not bothering to apply enough thinking power to see the non-literal meaning of a phrase. With the blogged command, and with one that affects my interactions with others, I thought about how to blend it in with everything else.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment