An experiment

It is 11:15 at night and all others are asleep. I’ve composed my session log above and have no more edits or reviews planned. The experiment is that I’m going to reread that suggestion list I sent to you and which you used as the basis of many of today’s suggestions and see what happens. I’ll write it up just afterwards and then cease reexamination of this log.

. . .

Boy, that was a surprise! I did not buzz out or react strongly. Quite the opposite, I read them with much less emotional attachment than I’ve ever read them before. Not at all what I expected. Before they had a sense of longing/need/desire/urgency where I was wanting/seeking a place where they would be true, but tonight they are not emotionally charged.

I just tried to envision hearing one of these in your voice, and I did react and start a slight buzz that is still lingering, and I ceased ½ way through the first statement as soon as the reaction started.

Rereading them in my voice with this buzz is slightly more emotionally charged than before, but not like the times I’ve read these before.

What does this mean? Unclear. A simple answer would be that the unmet need that caused these to be emotionally charged was met, but this explanation seems too easy.

OK, one more experiment for me I’m about to re-reading them asking myself what to change or add (it is 11:30): … Hmm, nothing came up except for some intensification of the buzz.



Now, if you were to say them ….

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment