What is it with emails?

Today, Mistress N made a point of emphasizing how much she likes getting emails from me, even when she does not have time to respond, and she implanted a desire to send her more of them. Mistress X has also commented that she misses seeing stuff from me in her inbox, and Goddess B also ordered more emails 2 weeks ago. (This last week Mistress N's responses have been very brief – one or two words sometimes. I saw this as possibly a sign that she was busy, but also possibly as a desire to pull back a bit. I guess I now know which it was.)

I thought my problem was more likely to be over communicating -- I am a prolific writer. I even have "Do not over communicate" as my last and bolded point in "Tips for Success with Conventional Hypnotherapists".

I still think that if you over communicate with a new therapist, especially just before or after your first session, that you are likely to make her think that you want to latch on or will be difficult to manage. It may be that after they are comfortable with you that they welcome more communications, that these remind them of the sessions and takes them away for a moment from their other world. I would still encourage waiting until it is clear you are welcome – remember that I have a long history with these ladies and have proven that I am safe for them.

I had to smile a bit, maybe even chortle, when she was suggesting more emails as I was thinking of this trend. I could not see her but I imagine she was a bit flustered at why I was chortling at so serious a suggestion. She then gave me a suggestion related to my next walk, and got another chortle, but that is another story.

====

Hmm, I'm done with this post. I guess I'll email it to Mistress N.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment