Covert and Surprise Inductions

Found in a group

Love the sneaky, covert type inductions. i give permission to the hypnotists i work with to feel free to sneak one up on me anytime, so they've no concern about me being upset afterward or anything.

Well said. I also renew the permission I’ve given X, B, or N to zap me anytime and without warning.

Now, in practice this is actually somewhat difficult. I’ll break it down to in person inductions, phone inductions, and static text inductions.

In person inductions

Sure they can zap me if I am at their studios, but inductions are expected in these settings so it is not all that covert. However, I may not be expecting it at that particular moment. Miscellaneous unexpected zappings:

  • Slipping a trigger into normal conversational flow. (I think X was testing her first trigger)
  • First thing at the door – no hello, how are you, etc, just *zap*
  • Tapping induction
  • Triggered in min-sentence
  • Zapped from behind on the way out

Phone Inductions
The major problem of a phone is that you don’t at first know what the person is doing on the other end, if it is safe to induce them. X has called me at work a few times when I have others in the room. It is hard to communicate in this setting and I probably seem odd or incoherent as I try to say what I want to say without letting the listeners catch what I am trying to say. She sometimes has sent me a “call me” email” and I’ll relocate somewhere semi-private, typically my car. I’ve found myself buzzed in these calls, and at least once formally hypnotized.

Mistress N more or less did a covert/surprise induction yesterday. Yes, I knew it was a possibility but I did not know if she was actually going to do something. She did not ask me if I wanted to go, she did not tell me she was going to do it, she merely confirmed that it was safe to proceed and then started in with triggers and inductions.

It was COOL.

I would love to just pick up the phone and be zapped, but it is hard to think of how they would know when they can do it safely.

One time they do know it is safe is after 10pm any night. If I am able to be alone I’ll have my cell phone on, so they know that if I answer that they can start right in. The problem, of course, is that while after 10PM works for me, it is not a convenient time for most people.

The other thing I can think of that is sort of close to a covert or surprise induction would be to receive an email (or phone) with firm instructions to the effect of “if I can get away, go somewhere private and call her back at [some specific time, or in 3 minutes if they want me semi-private, or in 20 minutes if they want me more private]. This way if I can do this without conflicts at work or home I’d call back and then they could have their fun. It is not exactly a “hello, *trigger*”, but it is close.

Static Text Inductions
By static text I mean email or web entries where the author is not responding to your reactions.

X is getting this technique down. There is the long zap and the quickie.

For the long zap, she sends a warning such as “when it is safe and you have 5 minutes, and only when it is safe …” then enough white space to fill a screen. Following this will be a written induction, probably using triggers and deepeners, and some suggestions or commands, often related to taking a break, trancing out for a few minutes, or taking care of myself. She uses these when her suggestions will take time to do. (See "Blog Comment Trigger")

For quickies she will insert something like

(Hypnosis Time): You are not to ... Thursday will be your day, your time and your time, only. We will ... End ofdiscussion. (End Hypnosis Time).

Or the even quicker
I command you to . . . (See "Remote Control")

She uses these when what she is wanting is a specific behavior or an attitude adjustment that does not take much trance time. I’m basically in and out of trance in the time it takes to read the message (or, maybe in the time it takes to read it 10 times or so as I always do for these things) and these messages are not disruptive and quick enough that she can surprise me.

These do catch me by surprise. I am lucky to reasons to communicate with X other than just to be hypnotized, so I might find these in a communication where it was not expected. Even if the communication were only the quickie command it can still surprise me.

True Covert Inductions

Somebody in a group said “there's no induction like a covert induction”. I would love a true covert induction where I was not expecting it done by somebody I did not associate with hypnosis and where I just found myself drifted away and compliant. In practice it may be hard both because this sort of stuff does not happen that often (but wait a minute folks, what is happening to me now does not happen very often, so maybe I’m too pessimistic) and because I’m pretty good at recognizing inductions. It would have to be some sort of instant induction and would have to be done in an environment where I felt safe.

The most practical way this might happen would be if Mistress X, Mistress B, or Mistress N, or all of them together, implant a trigger that conveys instant trust in the one using it and an instant trance. One that I would know they would only give to someone they knew I could trust, and I would trust in my Mistresses enough to trust who they trusted. This person could then do a true surprise induction where I was not expecting to be hypnotized, and certainly not by her.

Even so, the logistics are complicated as this person has to either get me in person or on the phone where it is safe for me to trance. If they wanted to go the phone route, this person could do an after 10PM call, or could do something tricky such as leaving what seems like a business related message requiring a callback. The in-person route would be even more complicated. They could try to catch me outside such as when I was getting lunch, but this would be hard for them to predict. Their best chance would be to catch me going from my car to my office as that pretty predictably happens between 7:30 and 7:50 most days, generally closer to 7:30.

These complicated logistics make covert inductions very unlikely for me. The person doing it would have to be very motivated, they would need to get a thrill from the covertness/surprise of it.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment