What if I'm unresponsive?

A few times you told me to get less deep in order for you to be able to interact or hear my responses. These were always a surprise to me because to my experiences I thought I was doing what you were telling me or was responding. (I assume that I really wasn’t and the responses were only in my mind or at least they were not making it out clearly.) I have three ideas of alternatives you can try in these circumstances where I’m very deep but you want feedback:

  • The first idea is simple. Instead of having me come up a bit, you could try telling me to speak louder or move more obviously. Of course, it may be that I speak louder only in my mind and not in reality.
  • Having me hold my breath for a few seconds. I don’t see any risk in short breath holding as I’ve never had any sort of breathing problems and actually have a personal and family trait of large lung capacity and ability to hold my breath for long periods of time. Breathing is a form of observable motion I am doing all the time so changing it may be one of the least depth disturbing observable behaviors.
  • Another idea on how to obtain feedback no matter how deep I am would be to pre-plant a suggestion that no matter what I was doing or feeling, that when you ring a bell/clap your hands/or ??? I will, staying just as deep, temporarily open my eyes and talk to you and that the next ring/clap/? will send me right back. I’m not totally sure of the relationship between my moving and being deep as I do seem to be able to do some physically active things while under. At most depths of trance, switching between passive and active behavior can enhance both. If I’m just passively laying there listening, I will after a while get used to it and my mind starts other dialogs. Getting me to sit, talk, walk, interact, or otherwise actively move causes extreme concentration and focus on your directions but cannot be sustained for long before the trance weakens. When a period of active behavior ends and I relax back into passivity, I can rebound deeper than I had been before becoming active. I don’t know, however, it this works from the deepest trances, whether the physically activity would take me away from a depth I cannot return to quickly. My judgment of depth in these circumstances is probably not very accurate and if you try it you will have to decide if such cycling can be used to get you the feedback you seek without destroying the depth of trance.

I would like to experience a hypnotic coma where I am so deep that I seem asleep or unresponsive and where I later remember myself as having been asleep. You can use the time to plant strong suggestions and suggest that to me the experience was one of having been asleep with no memories. I’d be particularly curious about two things. One is how far “out of it” I am – am I just sleeping, or am I still tuned into you and your suggestions? One way of telling would be to plant some observable post-hypnotic behavior such as a new reinduction phrase or some innocent activity. If I have no memory and if I follow the suggestion, then it will be clear that even though I was “out of it” I was actually still totally into you and your suggestions. If so, then we have an extremely powerful vehicle by which your suggestions can truly go in without my conscious awareness. I’d be attracted to using this vehicle for more therapeutic work -- there is some appeal of visiting you, getting so deep that I am totally out of it, and waking up improved.

The second thing I’d be curious about related to a hypnotic coma is the degree to which I can be disconnected from my body. If we started from one of those moments where I felt disconnected from my body, or started from a hypnotic coma, and you were to suggest disconnection, numbness, anesthesia, etc, then would you be able to touch, prick, or move parts of me without disturbing me and without my awareness? What if you woke me up with some part of my body still disconnected? Would it stay that way, would I feel touches to it when awake? If you had suggested that a certain touch be a trigger for something and did that touch on a disconnected/numb part of me, would I notice and be triggered or would the disconnection be such that triggering passes unnoticed?

You can also try using a hypnotic coma to have me experience a dream vividly, to see if I can get more fully involved with one when that deeply under.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment