General Guidelines -- Commentary

I am as interested in learning about hypnosis from the subjective side as I am in any other goal. You are invited to take some of the time of each session to pursue your own goals or explorations without my anticipation, preparation, or possibly even without my awareness. You can slip your own explorations and suggestions in unannounced or could even make a declaration to the effect that "this is my time, you are deep and will cooperate without memory in my experimentation". I would not consider such a time as taking anything away from me or not focusing on my needs because whatever I am doing, thinking, or feeling, I am benefiting from spending time deeply under.

I’m not particularly concerned about the preservation of my dignity while under. After all, finding my eyes closing, my head falling, and myself falling irresistibly into your control at the sound of some words is not the most dignified thing to do, but it is very releasing and I’m very glad that you make me do it. Similarly if does not matter if some of the thing you have me do when under your control might not be totally dignified. As long as whatever I am doing is limited to your safe environment it does not matter much what I do and the more the behavior stands our as different from my day to day experiences the more it reminds me that I really was under and the more that rebalances me. If I reflect back on something I did that was funny, different, silly, or “hypnotized”, this makes me think “gee, I did that? I must have been hypnotized” and that renews the feelings of release I get from the session.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment