Unorthodox Therapeutic Relationship

The relaxation I felt (and logged about today) occurred naturally as I reflected on the Nirvana thing. I’m really drawn to the Nirvana as it does give me the most profound and longest lasting stress release and it even gives me a re-release whenever I think back on it or realize that I would be there again within minutes with just a trigger or two.

I’m also drawn to the ideas of 2 triggers. One would be like "r" and would make me very relaxed and suggestible. The other would be stronger and Nirvana based. When used it would have me place you or B in charge, that for a change I would completely let go of my decision making, self observation, self-consciousness, planning, or alertness and instead simply enter a state where I’m focused on you or B and on your words, feeling a deep compulsion to follow them fully and completely, where I want to comply, where following gives me comfort and release, and where I’m open and irresistibly drawn into any experiences or behaviors you may suggest. To make the experience complete you could also have the trigger cause any remaining awareness and inner dialog I have to become focused on being willing and eagerly compliant, focused on wanting to do fully do whatever is suggested, and on becoming completely immersed mentally, emotionally, and physically in whatever you say.

You recently thanked me for giving you so much influence over me. Well, I am very appreciative of you for allowing me this. I know that this is on the far edge of hypnotic interaction and that it can be unsettling to some, especially to any from the "lets make hypnosis as unscary as possible" camp. I’ve often been concerned that you might find it just too weird or too different from your normal style and I would lose this for me very effective outlet. I was surprised last week at your great gift and later at your firm echoing of the surrender and hypnotic compulsion theme because after trying it once you’ve been somewhat avoiding it and I had not expected that you would come back to it with B present. As you were echoing and reinforcing my surrender I was in part feeling "here I go!" and in part wondering if that would be the last for B, that she might find that level of deep influence to be beyond her comfort level.

This raises another point, that I am often uncomfortable or feel somehow that I should be uncomfortable with wanting this profound feeling and relaxation, or that I should feel some sort of guilt for encouraging a hypnotherapist past their standard procedures. I am not sure why I seem to need this deep letting go and why it is so helpful to me, but it is. It may be along the lines that I stated in your forwarded message, that want, expect, allow are conscious mind stuff and belief is unconscious mind stuff and the unconscious mind wins all conflicts. Whatever my conscious explanations, it may be simply that some unconscious parts of me need a firm and simple model in order to allow themselves to participate. This model may not be true for all, but it seems to be true for me.

Provided that you are ok with it, I would enjoy simply letting it be what it is and to be able to enjoy and benefit from it without reservations or guilt. It is actually a very simple but powerful trade. I let you be in charge and give you control for awhile and in return I not only experience Nirvana but I come back not only safe and sound but also repaired and improved.

I enjoyed the N trigger and I really enjoy the concept of this trigger. If you are willing, I would love for some part of our next session to be used to strongly reinforce it. To establish the deep nirvanic letting go, to establish that it is ok for me to feel that way and to want to feel that way, that I can enthusiastically and fully immerse myself and participate, that you and B understand and accept being in charge and having that deep influence, and to establish that the nirvanic state can be reestablished by an compulsive trigger.


X Said:
I want you to know that I told B how I appreciated her openness to our very unorthodox therapeutic relationship. You have stumbled upon two women who are the least judgmental people you will ever want to meet. Although we recognize that what you are requesting is unusual, we also understand that you are getting profound benefits, and that is what it is all about for us. Also, FYI, there is probably a part of me that enjoys taking over the way you allow me. I'm pretty bossy naturally, and this is just one extra step. There is a certain allowing for me, too. It's strange, but it is not strange for me at all, anymore, to go that extra step. What does that say about me, I wonder? Nevertheless, and never fear, you are completely safe and it is not only okay, but highly desirable to me, that you fully and completely immerse yourself in the whole experience - without any reservations whatsoever. No guilt allowed, okay?

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment