Permissions and limits -- Commentary

  • Each time I approach your workspace I’m giving you license to hypnotize me by any technique
  • I’m also giving you permission to experiment and test me while under, to have me do whatever you find interesting or amusing, just so long as I’m deeply under and compliant and its effect is limited to the session. The more you have me do “hypnotized” things the more residual benefit I receive because in moments of stress I can reflect back on the behavior, think “gee, I did that?” or “I must have been under because …”, and have this be an acknowledgement that I had let go. This acknowledgement then helps me reflect that not all times are like whatever is currently stressing me, that I can and had let go, and that I will do so again. This can be the light at the end of the tunnel that helps me through the moment.
  • Basically, if you can get me to do or experience something then you have my permission to do it. At worst I might ask that you not do something again, but I’ll not think less of you for having tried it.
  • I do ask that unless we discuss it first that you take care to keep the effect of suggestions limited to our sessions except for carry over feelings of having relaxed and let go. I have a lot of stuff going on with complicated logistics and a well intentioned suggestion could have unexpected consequences. There will be times when we can use the power of hypnosis to help me in a broader context, but these will need to be approached cautiously. By trusting that I don’t need to worry about carry over effects I can surrender fully to the deep relaxation and intensely participate in whatever may be happening.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment