Initial Goals

What are your therapeutic goals?
Some restoration of balance by being able to relax and let go, even if only for a limited time. I'm "the responsible one" at work and at home and do this well, bringing stability, comfort, and safety to others but there is no ying/yang balance.

There is lots of stuff going on and I'm the central strong point for most of it. This level of activity is not going to change and there are not even much I'd want to change, but it is unbalanced.

Describe a place where you feel relaxed and safe
A white sand beach, sparsely populated. Sound of waves, occasional seagull, some children. The location is one where I skin dive but at this time I am tired from the diving and am laying on the sand near some trees and am feeling the sun and ocean breeze.

I am listening to the voice of a mostly unseen companion and am getting progressively drawn into her words and thoughts until eventually my inner dialog subsides and I have no sustainable thoughts other than her words. She is aware and watching, so I don't have to. I can let go of all worries and responsibilities by transferring them to her for a limited duration. She has all the initiative and as I follow her words I'm free of the need or desire for planning, analysis, of self-control. I lose much of my sense of self, and I lose my capability to be embarrassed because I know that whatever I do or say is ok as long as it results from following her words and as long as she is regulating for me. What she has me do or experience while in this state is pretty much irrelevant and not even of much interest to me because just being in this state is my core benefit. I am benefiting from the freedom of just being and doing without objectives, analysis, or responsibilities and soaking up this feeling to offset the feelings from the responsibilities I otherwise always carry. The letting go is both the source of my deep relaxation and also is the core benefit that I am soaking up. This is substained as long as I have no choices to make, no plans to consider, and no extended period of quiet time where my inner dialog resumes.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment