Perception Locks

One interesting trance effect is that my impressions of events or feelings that occur in trance seem to "lock in" at that time and are seemingly not subject to later review or reanalysis. Whatever impression I had at the time becomes the permanent impression. When I do think about an event or impression, I can often "replay" it in my mind but any attempt to rethink or reconsider what happened seems to be very difficult, tiring, and not worth the effort. My mind effectively repulses from the effort within a few seconds. I speculate that what may be happening is that I cannot reconsider the event without recreating the mind frame I had at the time and, as I am not in trance, I cannot do so. It may be that reconsidering an event would require a slip into trance and the first step of this seems tiring and I stop.

You might be able to build upon and use this "impression lock in to" some effect. If you use suggestion to establish some viewpoint or emotion about some trance event, it may be that your suggested viewpoint becomes the only viewpoint I will possibly ever have about that particular event. This can probably be used to work around any obstacles I might have or might get if I were thinking some other way.

0 Comments:

Comments: Post a Comment